It is with great pleasure and enthusiasm that I offer to you Rawan Online, the first website on the psychology and mental health of Afghans!
Rawan Online is the first step towards raising awareness on and improving the field of psychology and mental health in Afghanistan.
This website takes pride in its collaborative effort, and therefore, invites all professionals and experts to share scholarly works and information on their research in the area of mental health of Afghans.
The main objectives of this website are:
• Providing basic, scientific, and useful information on general psychology and mental health
• Focusing on the improvement of mental health of Afghans
• Reducing the stigma associated with mental disorders among Afghans
• Highlighting efforts and achievements in the field of mental health in Afghanistan
• Providing updated publications on mental health and psychology
• Connecting students and experts in Afghanistan and abroad involved in the area of mental health
Dr. Esmael Darman, MD
M.S. Clinical & Counseling Psychology
Rawan Online on Facebook
Key Wordsabnormal psychology addiction adjustment Afghanistan aggression anxiety anxiety disorders bipolar disorder children depression doctor-patient relationship domestic violence emotional abuse emotional health Esmael Darman family therapy Freud grief intelligence intervention learning loss marital conflict marriage Medications mental health mood disorders Nahid Aziz ocd parenting psychoanalysis ptsd public health Rawan Online relationship resilience schizophrenia self-immolation social psychology suicide attack suicide bombing Taliban trauma treatment violence